Wednesday, February 8, 2012

momentum


making art is about moving forward...it's about pushing through...about gaining speed...finding yourself, feeling out that push and pull, asking of the world, and taking from every experience and moment you find yourself in.

and sometimes, it's also about making things that suck.  about disappointing yourself, and being unimpressive.  it's those moments that remind me why I'm an artist, for what reason I subject myself to the incessant need to create, why I was given this desire...because we're brave enough to fight through the disappointment to come to a solution that was more than we ever imagined our hands could create.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths...
Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."